I was feeling a little meat overload. Not that I have been eating much red meat, but just meat in general and even shrimp yesterday too. Sometimes I just need a good day of yummy vegetables as my meals.
I haven’t taken pictures of my lunches everyday since they usually tend to be some type of wrap with sliced vegetables on the side and grapes for dessert. The thing is that I’ve realized just how great a wrap can be. Now, since my wraps are gluten free, they tend to not stay together, so it becomes more of a rip, stack, and bite. I take pieces of the wrap and put a few wrap toppings into it and eat it that way. I think I actually like this better because it takes me longer to eat my lunch. The other great thing about wraps is you can put almost anything into them. Leftovers, sliced meat, whatever you have on hand. Here’s my wrap for the last couple of days.
This wrap contained the following:
- Lentil and Brown Rice Salad (In the prepared foods section of Trader Joe’s. This is the first time I’ve purchased it and am really enjoying it)
- Raw Mushrooms
- Leftover squash and zucchini
- Spinach Leaves
- 1 slice of cheese
This has kept me full and satisfied all week.
Now moving on to dinner.
This meal was so good and different from others I’ve recently had except for the roasted okra and asparagus.
Here’s what I did…
- Spray a pan with olive oil spray
- Add one small sliced red pepper
- Then add one container of mini heirloom tomatoes (I’ll be sad to lose these once the warm weather is over)
- Sprinkle with garlic powder, oregano, and basil
- Bake for about 20 minutes (or until tomatoes look like they have started to shrivel and wilt) at 450
- Baked asparagus and okra on another pan with a little salt and pepper
- Once the asparagus was done I squeezed one half of a lemon on top
- Served the tomato mixture over sliced fresh mozzarella cheese…so yummy.
I hope you try this and enjoy it.