Today, I helped to build a house for Habitat For Humanity with co-workers as a form of team building. Unfortunately, I didn’t take any pictures, but it was a good experience, and I am happy we were able to help out needy families.
The night has been filled with errands, laundry, cooking dinner, and packing. We’re leaving after work tomorrow night for North Carolina for the weekend. I’m really looking forward to the time away and spending some time with my family.
Because there was so much going on tonight, I decided to make use of some easy pantry and fridge items to make my dinner.
- Sprayed Aluminum Foil lined baking sheet with olive oil spray
- Took two corn tortillas and sprayed them with cooking spray also
- Baked them for 10 minutes flipping once at 400 until crisp
- Poured a rinsed can of black beans into a bowl and seasoned with cumin, onion flakes, crushed red pepper, and chili powder to taste
- Used leftover corn and cut it off the cob
- Topped each tortilla with a couple of spoons of beans, raw mushroom, spinach, sliced tomato, corn, and mexican cheese
- Baked again at 350 for 10 minutes until vegetables are heated and cheese has melted
I served this with a side of string beans and salsa.
Since I was cooking dinner, I asked Mike to cut up a honeydew that had been sitting in the fridge for us to eat for dessert. He also wanted to be in the blog tonight, hence the picture of him cutting the melon. I really love honeydew…so yummy!
Leftovers of everything will be eaten for lunch tomorrow, but probably in the form of a salad.
Good news in our house tonight…If you’ve been following my blog from the beginning, I wrote about wanting to return my pots, and get new ones that are stainless steel. Well last weekend we went back to Macy’s and thankfully they allowed us to return our pots and gave us a store credit for the full amount. I did a lot of research, and decided on the Cuisinart Multiclad Pro.
Many people have compared these pots to All Clad, and some people said they liked them even better. We haven’t taken them out of the box yet since we’ve been so hectic lately, but as soon as we come back from our weekend trip, the new pots will be showing up on the blog. I’ll let you know how I feel about them, and give a full review in a few weeks.
I will try and blog from our trip, but due to the holiday and everything that will be going on, I’m not sure if I will be able to. If I don’t get a chance, have a great weekend and a Happy and Healthy New Year to those celebrating Rosh Hashonah.