This dinner was one of the best I’ve made in a long time. Pasta is definitely one of my downfalls when it comes to eating healthy just because it’s something I have a hard time controlling how much I eat of it. This recipe helps that because it’s full of lots of veggies and less pasta.
This recipe includes:
– 1/2 bag of gluten free pasta of your choice (I used ziti from TJ’s) already cooked, but not cooked completely. It will cook more in the oven.
– 1 bag of frozen brocolli
– 1 onion chopped
– 1 container of sliced portabello mushrooms
– 2 bell peppers, one red and one yellow
– sprinkle of garlic and crushed red pepper flakes
– part skim mozzarella cheese
– parmesan cheese
First, saute all of the vegetables except broccoli in a pan. Once they are soft, add in the frozen brocoli and cook till warm. I used pasta I had cooked last night and heated it up for a minute in the microwave so it wasn’t stuck together. Put the pasta in a foil pan and top it with the vegetables, seasonings, and two jars of sauce. Mix all of this together.
The top this with both cheeses to your liking. Then cook for about 20 minutes on 500 degrees until the top is bubbly and browned. This dinner was truly delicious and was liked by all. I will be making this again.